Wednesday 16 January 2013

Race for Life!

So in 2011, I did the 10k Race for Life with my Mum in memory of our cousin Peter who sadly passed away from cancer at the far-too-young age of 40. We did a mixture of jogging and walking and finished in a respectable 1 hour and around 25 minutes. 
This year, I've signed up for the same 10k race. Mum won't be joining me this time unfortunately, so I've decided to attempt to run the whole thing. Now I'm currently able to run at around 8.5kph for about 15 minutes (which is about 2.1km give or take). My aim is to finish the 10k in under an hour, but preferably in 50 minutes or less, which is a scary goal! To that end, I'll be swapping out some of my pilates sessions for running sessions and training, training, training!
I'd really love it if you could spare a few pounds (or dollars, or whatever) to sponsor me and show your support, not to mention help me raise money for this fantastic charity! You can do so over at my JustGiving page, here (click it!). My target is just £100, so with just a couple of quid from everyone who reads this I should get there in no time!

In other news, I've got the fitness bug! I never thought I'd be the kind of person who'd be annoyed if I couldn't get to the gym for one reason or another, but it's happened. I must remember to give my body some rest days though, to let it recover between workouts, and to load up on more protein to help it along the way! I've actually heard that chocolate milk is a good thing to drink after a workout, which is good since I managed to buy a 1.3kg box of chocolate Nesquik powder a little while ago...oops!

Here are my recent workouts, by the way. Today is a rest day (though I might do some stretching on my left achillies). I've got a friend coming into the gym with me tomorrow to spot my weights routine, so I fully expect to ache like a bitch on Friday, then I've organised a 24km hike for Saturday! Busy, busy, busy!

  • Pilates:
    • 0:50:00 (+195 pts)
    • 10 minute solutions Pilates DVD - all 5 segments.

  • Rowing (machine):
    • 0:05:00 || 946 m || 6 % (+75 pts)
  • Running (treadmill):
    • 0:15:00 || 2.1 km || 8.5 km/hr || 0.5 % (+92 pts)
  • Stretching:
    • 0:10:00 (+2 pts)

No comments:

Post a Comment